Custom Search

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Man United best counter attackers: Mourinho

Share














Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho hails Manchester United as the best counter attackers in the world. United will face Inter in the UEFA Champions League in San Siro next tuesday.

Mourinho is under no illusions as to who the favourites are. But he wants his team to relax and go out to express themselves when Sir Alex Ferguson's team arrives in town.

"I don't want my players to feel under pressure, I want them to enjoy themselves and the first thing I will tell them is that I have great belief in their ability to win it," said the Portuguese boss.

"I've known Manchester since 2004, they're the best counter-attacking team in the world and can kill their opponents in transition (from defence to attack).

"They have (Dimitar) Berbatov, who has fantastic technical qualities and then (Cristiano) Ronaldo, (Wayne) Rooney, (Carlos) Tevez or Park (Ji-sung) who can make the difference, give them width and pace. Our concentration will have to be spot on."

"From now we are totally focussed on the challenge against Manchester United," said Mourinho.

"I will tell the players that I have great belief in their ability to qualify for the next round and like the derby (against AC Milan) I expect it to be a great match.

"It's a challenge that has arrived at an ideal time for us from both a physical and mental point of view.

"It should be a pleasure to play in this match and we'll appraoch it with calm and without any added pressure."

No comments: