Custom Search

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Michael Owen joins Man Utd

Share

Michael Owen completed a shocking move to Manchester United earlier today joining for a two year contract.

This move is all of a sudden as Owen was wondering a move to Hull City or Stoke. But last night United announced the capture of the former Liverpool striker on a free transfer.

Owen signed a two year deal with the option of a third year after passing medical test at a south Manchester Hospital yesterday afternoon.

Owen is now determined to prove that he was once an European Player of the year.

“I had just begun to talk to other clubs when, out of the blue, Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him the next morning, during which he told me that he wanted to sign me,” Owen said. “I agreed without a moment’s thought.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I intend to seize it with both hands. I am now looking forward to being a Manchester United player and I am fortunate that I already know so many of the players here.

“I missed pre-season last year and am pleased that I will be starting at Carrington from Day One. I want to thank Sir Alex for the faith he has shown in me and I give him my assurance that I will repay him with my goals and performances.”

Ferguson was thinking of signing Owen in 2005 before Newcastle United signed him. “Michael is a world-class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question,” Ferguson said. “Coming to Manchester United, with the expectations that we have, is something that Michael will relish.”

Now we will have to wait to see how Owen's career at Manchester United goes.

No comments: