Custom Search

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tevez ready to fight for his place at Manchester United

Share
United striker Carlos Tevez insists he his ready to fight for his place at Old Trafford on a permanent contract.

Tevez is now in the second year of the loan deal but the agreement expires at the end of the season. United still haven't offered him a permanent contract.

Despite losing his position to Berbatov he is determined to stay at Old Trafford.

"I am not preoccupied about my future," Tevez said to the Daily Mail. "My instincts are to stay with the club and in the next week or so I think there will be more contact with regards to sorting out my contract. That is what we've been told.

"My agent is in touch with United all the time and he tells me that everything is very positive now. So it is up to the club.

"Other clubs have asked about me but I see my future at United."

Although Real Madrid is thought to be ready to pay the 32 million pounds transfer fee but Tevez said he is determined to stay.

"Some people say that 32 million pounds is high but I cannot comment on that. Those are the figures that were agreed at the start. I am not responsible," Tevez said.

"It has been a complicated season for me, there is no point denying that. I have not been able to get as many minutes on the field as I would like because the quality of the forwards at the club is incredible.

"It is not easy for forwards to get into this team and I have suffered. But that does not make me want to leave. I have no urge to run away."

No comments: